- Vista Terrace Park is located in the North East corner of Walla Walla and can be accessed off of Wellington St
- Walla Walla Sunrise Rotary is a collection of business, government and educational professionals who gather to serve our Community. The Rotary motto is “Service Above Self” and the Sunrise Rotary club is active in local and international service projects. The Sunrise Rotary club meets on Wednesdays at 7AM and we currently meet on line.
- The goal of this project is to replace the aging and sparse playground opportunities in the park. We will make this playground accessible to all which will require a firm, rubber surface around the playground. Also, we will require footpaths throughout the project so all persons can use the park. Also a picnic shelter will be added to the south end of the park near the bathrooms.
- The project needs funds! Our fundraising efforts include an engraved paver brick program that allows persons or organizations and groups to buy brick with an inscription on them authored by the donor. These brinks will be used in the walking paths around the park and will be a lasting tribute to your support. We also have a direct giving site setup to take financial gifts of any size. Both of these programs can be found on the Walla Walla Sunrise Rotary website under “Pledge to Play.”
- Also, the City of Walla Walla has included the Vista Terrace Project in its utility bill round-up feature and the city also has a giving site on it’s website for financial donations.
- If an In-Kind donation is something you could do our project needs various construction trades for earthmoving and the assembly of playground equipment of heights up to 25 feet and a picnic shelter. We will also need materials handling help, concrete workers and electricians.
- Sun-shades are included in the design of the playground equipment. The committee is happy to have this question. We have not discussed sun-shades for benches where people may sit to enjoy the park but will now be considered!
Any further questions please ask at our e-mail address email@example.com or call/text Project Chair Pete Erb at 509-301-9219.